I’ve been nominated for an award, by someone I only “know” online. First and foremost, a big thanks to Yvonne http://seasonedsistah2.com who nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. I am honored, truly. She is an intrepid and inspiring woman who’s mantra, after overcoming cancer is, “FEAR has two meanings: (1) Forget Everything And Run, or (2) Face Everything and Rise. The Choice is Mine.”
Here Are The Rules:
Thank the blogger that nominated you. (check)
Put the award logo on your blog.
Answer the ten questions sent to you.
Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
Nominate seven blogs.
Here are my answers:
1) What is one of your favorite quotes?
Well I have two: “Bloom where you’re planted” and “Go into the heart of the dragon.” One refers to my husband’s need to uproot me every so often, and the other is about courage, from the lips of Sally Field.
2) If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
I’ve always wanted to learn to play the cello. My Mother the Flapper sent me to ballet class, but music was always in my soul.
3) What was the last movie that made you cry?
The Imitation Game just this week, made me ferklempt.
4) If you won the lottery, what are the first things you would do?
Let’s see, I’d probably find a good money manager first and I’d donate a good percentage to organizations around the world that help women and children. I’d also help out my kids, the starving artist and the one with the big medical school debt. After that, who knows, a beach house?
5) Have you ever had a nickname, what is it?
Yes, it was “Posey.” My foster parents couldn’t decide which name to call me since Rose was a first name on my Baptismal Certificate and a second name on my Birth Certificate; so Rosey turned into Posey when I was a little girl.
6) What is your favorite holiday?
My all time favorite holiday is Thanksgiving since we usually spend it with friends and share the cooking!
7) Are you an introvert or extrovert?
I’ve been told I’m an extrovert but feel more and more like an introvert.
8) If you had to evacuate your house immediately, what is the one thing you would grab on the way out? Assuming the people are out and besides my dog? The pictures, all my old pictures that haven’t made it to the Cloud yet.
9) What is one food that you will not eat? HA I’m not a picky eater but I would not order any organ meat whatsoever – liver, intestines, brains, yech. I did however organize a menopause celebratory dinner with friends at a Greek restaurant – we all had to order something we never ate!
10) Would you rather use Facebook or Twitter?
I like them both, and believe me, I never thought I’d like Twitter, but I find myself on Twitter preferentially.
Here are my questions:
1) Who besides your parents, had the most influence in your life?
2) What makes you get out of bed in the morning?
3) What three songs would have to be included on the playlist of your life?
4) If you were given one last meal what would it be?
5) When did you know you were a writer?
6) If you could travel in time, would you go backwards or forwards? Why?
7) What does the word “feminist” mean to you?
8) Are you a dog or a cat person? Or both?
9) What is your preferred form of exercise, if any?
10) How would you describe yourself in a sentence?
And I nominate the following blogs:
https://cyclingrandma.wordpress.com; https://fishershannon.wordpress.com; https://friendfortheride.wordpress.com http://talesfromthemotherland.me https://susannye.wordpress.com http://catherineryanhoward.com http://www.katheats.com
Some of these women are accomplished writers, and some are more into cooking, while one is more political. These are the women who inform me, who I follow on this platform. When I think about it, that pretty much spans my blogging life – a little bit of food for thought. I know some of you hate these things, but I kinda like getting to know you just a bit better! What else should we do on a mid-winter Sunday anyway?