Three years ago today we were in Nashville. We had noted, not quite celebrated, Bob’s birthday and were awaiting our first grandchild’s birth. The baby was breech, like her Mama was, and so the Bride was wheeled into the OR in the hospital where both she and her husband had trained. Suddenly, the Groom appeared with the Love Bug in his arms and I could feel a cosmic shift in the universe. Love was expanding.
Over the years she has proven to be very much her Mother’s child
- She can stand with her hands on her hips and insist on macaroni and cheese.
- She can be a tiny empath and wrap her little arms around anyone in need of a hug.
- She can direct her dog, her dolls, her baby brother, and her friends in the nicest way possible.
- She can organize her toys and plan ahead in a monologue that lasts through a long car ride to preschool.
- She can swim like a fish, as if the ocean were only blocks away.
- She can and will choose her outfits with an eye for design and color.
- She is a tiny dancer and a mixed media artist of the highest caliber!
- And watch out world, she is starting to sing! “A Bushel and a Peck” is our theme song.
Her party was Sunday, but she was born on this day, one day after PopBob’s birthday, three years ago, and she was exactly herself. Happy late summer Birthday to our Love Bug. You make my heart fill with joy each time I hold you.